Friday Bean burger with coleslaw and roasted sweet potatoes!
Gather the family and try out this magical vegetarian burger recipe with coleslaw and roasted sweet-potato. These burgers have become a favored snack ‘round the office, we love ‘em! We would like to inspire the vegetarian world and this recipe is as suitable for summer barbeques as cozy autumn eves.
Time 30 – 40 min
1 FRP cooked black beans (400 g)
1 dl BBQ sauce
1 dl almondmilk
1 dl breadcrumbs
1 dl grated cheese (about 40 g)
0.5 red onion, finely chopped
0.5 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of neutral oil (for frying)
Roasted Sweet potatoes:
600 g sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 dl Turkish yogurt
150 g cabbage, shredded (about 3 dl)
2 carrots, grated
0.5 tsp salt
4 hamburger buns
4 salad leaves
1 dl bbq-sauce
200 g tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1. Set oven to 225 ° celcius.
2. Peel the sweet-potato and cut it into clefts. Spread it out on a plate and add a dash of oil. Salt and pepper, and let it roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Wash the beans in cold water and let them dry a bit. Then mix the beans with the rest of the burger ingredients and mash it with a whisk until it has turned into batter. Wet your hands and then form 4 burgers.
4. Heat up the oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers at medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until they get a nice colour.
5. Mix the coleslaw ingredients. Salt till the taste is satisfactory.
6. Build the burger with bun, coleslaw, salad, bean burger, BBQ-sauce, tomatoes, and red onion. Serve with roasted sweet-potato.