Friday Bean burger with coleslaw and roasted sweet potatoes!
Gather the family together and try out this magical vegetarian burger recipe with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato. These burgers have become a favored snack around the office, we love ‘em! We would like to inspire the vegetarian world and this recipe is just as suitable for summer barbecues as it is for cozy autumn evenings.
Time 30 – 40 min
1 packet cooked black beans (400 g)
100ml BBQ sauce
100ml almond milk
100ml grated cheese (about 40 g)
0.5 red onion, finely chopped
0.5 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of neutral oil (for frying)
Roasted sweet potatoes:
600 g sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
100ml Turkish yogurt
150g cabbage, shredded (about 300 ml)
2 carrots, grated
0.5 tsp salt
4 hamburger buns
4 salad leaves
200g tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1. Heat the oven to 225 °C.
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into chunks. Spread it out on a plate and add a dash of oil. Add salt and pepper before letting it roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Wash the beans in cold water and let them dry a bit, then mix the beans with the rest of the burger ingredients and beat them together with a whisk until they have turned into batter. Wet your hands and then form 4 burgers.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers on a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until they get a nice color.
5. Mix the coleslaw ingredients. Season to taste.
6. Build the burger with the bun, coleslaw, salad, bean burger, BBQ-sauce, tomatoes, and red onion. Serve with roasted sweet potato.