HEALTHY AND INSPIRING FOOD – FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Here is Healthy Family’s very own cookbook – Fresh and inspiring food for the whole family. It contains lots of innovative, healthy, super-tasty recipes for the whole family. We hope that it will be translated to english soon.
If you want to try some of our new recipes you can do it here.
Happy healthy cooking
RECIPES FROM THE BOOK
Beet and feta cheese steaks with a couscous salad and mint yoghurt
Cooking time: 20-30 min
- 1 packet of chickpeas, one pound, rinced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 lb fresh red beets, peeled and roughly grated
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a cup of wheat flour
- neutral oil for frying
- 1 pot of mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/2 lb of couscous
- 1 pomegranate, remove the seeds
- 1 galia melon, diced
- 1 box of mixed salad, rinsed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pot of parsley, roughly chopped
- some nice olive oil and salt
- Follow the instructions on the package and boil the couscous. Let it cool down.
- Beet steaks: Put chickpeas, garlic, cumin, sesame oil and salt in a mixer bowl. Mix smoothly. Pour over in another bowl and mix with the other ingredients. Taste with some salt and form eight steaks.
- Heat up som neutral oil in a frying pan. Fry the steaks on medium temperature, 3-4 minutes each side.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients for the mint yoghurt in a small bowl. Taste with salt and newly ground black pepper.
- Couscous salad: Put the couscous in a salad bowl and mix it into a salad with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve the beet steaks with the couscous salad and mint yoghurt.
Vietnamese chicken with kaffir lime leaves
Cooking time: 25 min
- 2 1/2 cups chicken thigh fillets
- 3 kaffir lime leaves or 1 stick of lemongrass
- 2 scallions
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 2 tsp concentrated chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
1. Boil the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Cut off any visible fat from the chicken and cut the meat into small chunks.
2. Finely shred the kaffir lime leaves/lemongrass and scallions and boil in the coconut milk, water and ginger for around 5 minutes. Add the stock and chicken and cook with the lid on for around 10 minutes. Season with salt.
3. Remove from the heat, fold in the spinach and put the lid back on. Leave for 3 mins.
4. Sprinkle the dish with roughly chopped coriander and serve with the rice.
Avocado and grape smoothie
Portions: 2 glasses
Cooking time: 5-10 min
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 tbsp of raw sugar
1. Put the avocado in a blending bowl and add the squeezed juice from the grapefruit.
2. Blend until the texture’s smooth and taste with raw sugar.
Cottage cheese pancakes
Cooking time: 20 min
- 9 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- neutral oil or butter, for frying
- ½ cup of mixed berries
- ½ cup of yoghurt
1. Stir all the ingredients except the butter in a bowl.
2. Heat the butter or neutral oil in a frying pan. Fry the batter one minute on each side.
3. Serve the pancakes cool or cold with fresh berries and a click of yoghurt.
Tuscan fish soup with prawns and fresh herbs
Cooking time: 25 min
- 1 lb 6 oz of white fish, cod, haddock or coalfish, cut into 1×1 inch cubes
- 6 oz of prawn, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 oz of parsnip, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 fennel, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dried fennel seeds, pounded
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/4 gallons of water + 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tsp of sambal oelek
- 10 oz of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of thick cream
- 1/2 pot of fresh thyme or parsley, finely chopped
- baguette or sour dough bread for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a braising pan or spacious cooking pot. Sizzle the onions, parsnip, fennels, garlic, tomato puree and spices for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add water, bouillon, wine, sambal oelek, tomatoes and cream. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the parsnip is soft.
3. Put the fish in the stew and let simmer for 4-6 minutes, or until the fish is ready. Top with prawns and fresh herbs. Serve the fish soup with bread.
Avocado sandwich with toasted sourdough bread, egg and garden cress
Cooking time:10 min
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 avocado, in half or sliced
- 1 egg, soft-boiled
- 1/2 box of garden cress
- 2 tbsp of grated fresh parmesan
- sea salt
- chili flakes
- Toast the bread in the toaster or on a grill pan
- Carefully pour some olive oil on the bread and spread over the avocado with a fork
- Put the egg, garden cress, parmesan, sea salt and chiliflakes on top